The Kenmore & District Pipe Band came into being in the year 2001 when a group of people with a common appreciation for Scottish piping and drumming gathered in order to enhance that appreciation by improving their musical skills. Some brought previous piping and drumming experience to the group; others were beginners.
Memorial Day, 2002
Alaska Days, Sitka, Alaska 2003
Veterans Day 2005
Hawaiian Scottish Festival - 2010
For the first time we participated in the 29th Annual Hawaiian Scottish Festival which was held April 10th & 11th, 2010 in Honolulu, Hawaii. This was a very successful trip. The band played in the opening ceremonies with the Maui Highland Band and the Honolulu Pipe Band. Kenmore & District Pipe Band also had the honor of entertaining the crowd with a half hour stage performance during the festival.
The band now includes men and women of all levels of ability, all ages, and from a broad spectrum of trade and professional backgrounds. Band members come from any distance that permits regular attendance at weekly practices. Most tend to be from north and east King County, south Snohomish County, and Island County, Washington. Bellevue, Coupeville, Everett, Issaquah, Lynnwood, Shoreline, and Snohomish are all represented.
The band has performed at:
• Pipe band competitions at the Northwest Highland Games, the Tacoma Highland Games and the Skagit Valley Games
• Holiday and festival parades in Brier, Duvall, Everett, Lake City, and Marysville
• Veteran’s Day and Memorial Day ceremonies in Lake Forest Park
• St. Patrick’s Day parades in Seattle
• Graduation ceremonies at Port Angeles
• “Alaska Days” in Sitka, Alaska
• Seattle Seahawks football half-time
• Tacoma Tartan Ball
• And many others